A conference call was held Sunday afternoon, March 22nd with representatives from the Governor's Office, the Louisiana Department of Education and state superintendents. All facets of the school food service program were discussed. The issue is not whether feeding students is important. We all agree that it is. At the same time, staff and employee safety must also be considered.
In one week alone, through the efforts of our dedicated employees and school personnel volunteers, we have served approximately 11,000 meals. On Monday, March 23, 2020, we averaged serving about 4 meals per child which will carry us through the current week.
While this program is important, we must consider the safety and well-being of our employees as well, particularly in light of the shortage of adequate protective gear such as gloves, face masks, and thermometers.
Accordingly, given the shortage of these supplies and our concern for our employees, our school system will for the time being suspend our food services after serving one more day on Monday, March 23, 2020.
Thanks for your understanding.
15 days ago
Parents, we regret to inform you that Prom has been cancelled.
Lincoln Parish Schools,
15 days ago
To: Parents and Community
From: Mike Milstead
1. Probably the best/most important thing you can do with your child during these days away from school is to read to and with them daily.
2. Access the resources available on our website, https://www.lincolnschools.org/. Almost daily updates continue. Many lessons, interactive practices, and tests are available. Many are based on information taught in our classrooms. In addition, some teachers continue to reach out using Google Classroom and Facebook Live.
3. If you text LACOVID to 898-211, it will send you a link to connect to up-to-date FAQ with Louisiana 2-1-1. It’s a really good source of current information concerning coronavirus.
4. Beginning Monday, March 23, we will add the Lincoln Parish School Board office at 410 South Farmerville as a site for disbursing school breakfasts and lunches, 9:30-11:00 each day.
5. Continue best practices such as good hygiene, frequent handwashing, social distancing, and remaining at home to the extent possible.
6. We will get through this time together. Our goal is to offer the best possible education to all of our students regardless of the circumstances in which we may find ourselves. Be safe out there.